GM Proceessors - invalid HC11 opcodes?

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Tue Nov 30 22:01:12 GMT 1999

As we all know, Motorola produces the CPUs for the various
ECU families. The earlier CPUs missed some of the instructions
that a consumer 68HC11 processor has. I've written an assembler
that accepts, and generates, all standard HC11 opcodes. This is
a problem when writing code for (eg.) a C3 or P4 where a valid
HC11 instruction may not actually "work" on one of these ECUs.

So, does anyone have a list of *invalid* opcodes/instructions
for the C3, P4, or other GM/Motorola CPU?

I will add opcode checking to the first public release of my
assembler.

TIA
--
Peter Gargano

PS. I haven't forgotten all those people wanting an Alpha
copy, I'm almost at the stage of Alpha becoming Beta, and
I still have some documentation to complete.