165 to 730 results and questions

John S. Gwynne jsg at mrcday.com
Mon Oct 11 16:49:21 GMT 1999

| 2. My knock sensor isn't compatible with the 730 evidently (I did remove the
| knock module from the 165 setup). For now, I disabled code 43 and set the
| knock enable temp to max (300 degs I think).

yes, you need a different knock sensor... NAPA was about $60 as a
reference.

| 3. Motor seems to run much more responsively, but dies at rpms above 4000 -

| 4. Idle quality isn't as good as before. I now have a misfire induced idle

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents... I changed too many things on
my engine for a simple 730 - 165 comparison. I can say that after the
730 has a little time to learn, the stock cal (axxc) runs fine for
me... idles fine and starts somewhat easier.

john gwynne