Reading ALDL 8192 stream from '165

Craig Moates craig.moates at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 18 23:38:46 GMT 1999

Nice idea on the 160 stream, Ludis! I was starting to wonder if something
like that might work...

Many thanks for helpful input (terryk, Ludis, s.ravet, b.tisdale, a.mattei,
dan burk, et.al...) ! I was able to get my 165 to send the 8192 stream.
Reads nicely as a 63-byte packet as hoped. The command for Mode 1 8192
communications was $80,$56,$01,$29(CS). Sending that in 8192, looking for
8192 data in return during the initial 160bd mode. Sent it a couple of times
till it caught the time-slot needed and then it responds each time, with an
echo, followed by $80,$95,$01,byte1-63,(CS).

Very nice, exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciation goes out. Now
about that Mode 4 Protocol (LOL!)... I need to spend some quality time with
the PROM disassembly of my system's close cousin... Then maybe a Mode 2
dump...

Aahhh... Feels good! Thanks so much! If I can get this little Diacom-like
program polished up in Qbasic, I'd be glad to pass it on for what it's
worth...

-Craig