PC Boards for ALDL

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 19 12:36:20 GMT 1999

>Why not just built your interface independent of the aldl?  If you use just
the
>25 pin on both sides (and mark which side goes what way) you could get your
own
>aldl connector (like the one from hypertech, Snap-On, etc.) and plug it
right
>in.  My guess is that most of those f-body lackeys who are interested in
this
>probably already have a connector from the hypertech and they could get by
with
>that.  Might save you some $$. (might save me some $$!)

Err, that's been the plan all along. ;) There's the converter box for the
ALDL/RS232 level shifting, and then there's the cable. The converter board
will be inside a DB25 M/F null modem clamshell box, with one side (the
female side) going to the serial port on the computer, and the other side
connecting (through a DB25 shell connector) to an ALDL cable, either OBDI or
OBDII. Thus, the converters will be universal, just pick yer cable. :)

And as for where the schematic is located, I redrew the original (and
corrected it last night - someone let me know that my OBDII pinout was
wrong), you can find it at my fabu ALDL web page (hah!) at
http://www.mindspring.com/~amattei/aldl.htm - well, not totally fabulous,
kinda dry, but mildly informative. ;)

And real low on the fancy HTML stuff... mostly text. ;) That's how I like
it.

-Andrew