LT1 LOW FUEL PRESSURE

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Tue Oct 19 21:27:46 GMT 1999

Somene else mentioned it, but you need to check the polarity of the
wiring on the pump. It is a DC motor and will run backwards if wired
improperly. Just thought I'd toss it out again, since it seems to have
been overlooked. I have wired a fuel pump backwards myself, so I know
it's possible. :)

Luke Joseph wrote:

> I did just that last night but for only a few seconds.  In the few seconds
> that the pump was on upon turning the ignition key it did not even pump
> enough fuel to get to my gas can.  Only a couple ounces was in my hose.
> >From what you are saying the In a few seconds I should have a solid flow of
> fuel that would give me about a cup or so of fuel.  I think I will pull my
> sending unit tonight and look at things the list has suggested.  By the way
> I am using 3/8's as the supply and I have heard that the 5/16 is restricted
> to 1/4 somewhere, so it is alright to use 1/4 as return.    Thanks,
>
> Luke

Dan Smith      84 Regal   11.841 at 115.09     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral