LT1 LOW FUEL PRESSURE

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Oct 20 00:09:44 GMT 1999

Bja1078 at aol.com wrote:

> Try pinching off the return line and see what the pressure does, if not much
> the pumps junk
This may not be like diagnosing a car that was running then died.
Could be other problems, as it's not a previously known good system

if a lot I'd look at the regulator, thats a dealership trick,
> s10's with the vortec won't start on their own without help (brake clean) if
> their isn't 53 psi or better, learned that the hard way!!!!

Heh heh heh....   Lotsa cranking, lotsa testing, ya know there's
plenty of pressure.  52 is almost 55, so it should start.  But nope,
just don't go.  Takes 55 (IIRC) to open the poppets and no amount of
arguing will change that.  Next time you run across this, if ya got a
minute connect the pump to a charger, then crank.  Amazing what a volt
or two will do for fuel pressure.

That style pump