OBD-II LTx crank trigger info

Scott Knight sknight at mich.com
Fri Oct 22 22:05:33 GMT 1999

Does anyone here know specifically about the crank trigger used in the
96+ LTx engines?  Since I have a 95, I have no way of seeing one or
figuring out it's functionality.  I have a couple pages faxed out of the
96 B-car Helms, but it doesn't tell me anything about the signal
generated or the accuracy.  All it mentions is that it is used to
measure changes in cam phasing w.r.t. the crank.  What I really want to
do with it is see whether or not the signal is reliable and capable of
being used for a crank trigger to get rid of the useless Opti-Spark
distributor.  Thanks.
Scott Knight  mailto:sknight at mich.com
http://www.mich.com/~sknight IRC:SS396man
'95 Black Impala SS