'88 Camaro (TBI) won't start/will start, need help

Todorovic todorovic at home.com
Sun Oct 24 21:53:52 GMT 1999

>Hi,
> I am assuming when you said you unplugged your distributor you meant from
> the coil...

Yes, I just pulled the main wire that goes from coil to disributor.  I
didn't also unplug the wires going to the coil and distributor.

>.the distributor is what tells the computer to inject
>fuel....could be alot of things but doesn't sound like bad ecm...sounds
like
>bad module in distributor especially cause after cools down it
>restarts.....hth's

IF the module also tells (or helps the distributor tell) the computer to
inject fuel, that makes sence 'cause even if we manually add fuel the thing
dosen't even phart.  Also, when the module went in my friend's 455 (with
HEI), same thing.  It would die, cool down, run for a while, die again.  I
guess that is not expensive so he should try it. BUT, it does give spark
when we cheked it (and it still wouldn't start).  Weird stuff.  THANKS GUYS.

> I would check the Fuel pump relay first.  Make sure that there is 12 volts
> going to the fuel pump when trying to start.  If so, hook a meter across
> the TBI injector and see if you get voltage pulses.  If not, time to check
> grounds, connectors etc.  If you both have the same year/motor, put your
> ECM in his car and his in yours... if yours won't start and now his does,
> the ECM is definitely bad.

Mine is a 5-speed and his is a 700-4R.  Different ECMs, right?