'88 Camaro (TBI) won't start/will start, need help

Bja1078 at aol.com Bja1078 at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 00:46:49 GMT 1999

first off check the ecm and wiring by disconecting the four wire connector
from the distributor and prob the terminal with the purple/white strip with a
test light conected to the bat +. make sure the ignition is on. momentarily
due this, the injectors should click and or spray and the fuel pump turn on.
if this happens you should replace the ingition moduel and pickup assembly.
the above test is out of a service manual and determins is the ecm is going
to work.... it sounds how ever like a bad pickup and module, save yourself a
big headace and due both. since you also have one you could try droping your
distributor in his engine..... to verify the problem if your questioning what
I said.... but I work in a pontiac/ cadillac dealership and I do it all the
time.

- Brian