Custom Program for a factory computer

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Mon Oct 25 13:32:28 GMT 1999

 I'm working on something close. What I've been doing is writting
a macro preprocessor and getting some C like snytax going. There is a
port of the GNU tool train at

http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez/m68hc11_port.html

 I thought the gm ecm would make an excellent general purpose
PLC/microcontroller

Previously, you (Eric Aos) wrote:
{ Has anyone written a complete program for the factory hardware?  It
{ seems that the registers are pretty well figured out for some of them.
{ How hard could it be to convert say the program for EFI332 to run on the
{ GM Processor? is there a C compiler available? It would give all the
{ benefits of proven hardware, and complete flexibility for those that
{ just need to control Injectors, and Ignition. Perhaps the best of both
{ worlds, would be to run a multi-chip, with a tweaked stock program for
{ daily driving, and full race code for Sunday?
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8