Edelbrock EFI

Todorovic todorovic at home.com
Mon Oct 25 21:07:17 GMT 1999

I bet you guys knew this question was coming......

I was looking through Summit catalog at aftermarket EFI systems (he he).
Lots of money, might be worth it though.  I like it better then the
carburetor and probably would spend a couple of houndred $$$ less on my
stock EFI and make less power.  Anyhow, looks like the Edelbrock stuff is
$1,919 for pre-86 Chevys, but lots cheaper for truck TBIs.  This one I think
would fit my Trans AM is the $999.99 system that says 5.7L TBI truck.  Why
is it so-much cheaper.  Do they give you less parts.  If I have to re-use my
old computer, wires, fuel-pump, etc., I don't care.  It says up to 400 HPs
is possible, with good throttle response and milage.  It also says 1000 cfm
which would be plenty.  Would this EFI system be good with a 355 SB Chevy
with a GM LT4 Hot cam kit and about 9.5 CR, 3.08 gears and a Centerforce
Clutch.  A "little" over my budget but might be worth it to wait a few more
monts and do stuff right.  Anybody have any experience with these EFI
systems or any other after-market stuff.  Well, thanks again.  Igor.