Custom Program for a factory computer

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Tue Oct 26 15:29:39 GMT 1999

 Thats what I'm trying to do. I'd like to end up with C code that does
what the asm code does using the same tables. I have only about 5min
a week to play with personal projects ( commute 1.25hrs each way, 40hr
work week, old car, wife, 2 kids ....)

 I think someone else on the list is using some of the GNU tools as well

Previously, you (Eric Aos) wrote:
{ Yea, that's what I was thinking. Mass produced/debugged Hardware with
{ custom software. Are you saying that a program could be written in C,
{ and compiled with the GNU tools to run a 730?
{
{ >
{ >  I'm working on something close. What I've been doing is writting
{ > a macro preprocessor and getting some C like snytax going. There is a
{ > port of the GNU tool train at
{ >
{ http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez/m68hc11_port.html
{
{ > I thought the gm ecm would make an excellent general
{ >purpose PLC/microcontroller
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8