carb, Radical Engines, (Todd)

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Wed Oct 27 09:00:53 GMT 1999

> > Alain "thinking about it,it's nice to learn when you don't have much
> > cash involved in the blown up" Toussaint
>
> That's one purpose to dirt cheap, junkyard engines.
 Yes........but maybe the reason it blows .......?

I turbocharged a VW aircooled beetle 1600ccm once. Worked for 24 hours
continius , with a Garret T3 and some tubing.Blow trou oem carb.Raised fuel
pressure  by having boost under the fuel pump diagram.Bored several
jets  in the carb .....  :-) . used a Audi OEM block oil filter bracket and
filter to clean the oil to the turbo.Got some ping but who cared.....
The engine lasted for a month before blow up time.......
The project was great FUN!

Espen Hilde