Low temp thermostat

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Wed Oct 27 21:25:25 GMT 1999

In a message dated 10/27/99 4:17:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
n5xmt at bellsouth.net writes:

<< with say 34 degrees total advance... more
 drops power, less drops power.  You richen the mixture and advance timing,
 what you've done is slowed the burn (rich mixture) and bandaided it by
 advancing the timing... you're probably at less total power than you had at
 the warmer temp/leaner mixture/less timing. >>

Interesting..makes sense to me. Although as weird as it seems, maybe its
crappy gas, my car seems more suseptible to ping when rich as well as lean.
Once the mix is right, it seems to be pretty good w.detonation. Heck, I run
23-24* at WOT on pump gas..no alky with 2-3* retard. I'm gonna play with the
timing now, cuz what you say makes a lot of sense. If I can make more power
with more accurate with mixture and less timing I'll be a little further from
the ragged edge.

Jim