Low temp thermostat-Mercury Marine

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Oct 29 13:50:55 GMT 1999

Previously, you (Bob Valentine) wrote:
{
{ Merc does have this system, but I've never had one so I don't know what
{ temp the stat is.   One thing I DO know from hanging around marinas is that
{ the heat exchangers are a common replacement item.   Probably due to the
{ fact that you're (from previous comments) just changing where the gunk
{ buildup from heating salt water to 190 degrees is.

 I don't have the service manuals with me or I'd look them up, it's still lowwer
then car use.

btw most major inboards offer a closed cooling system as an option

{
{ Another thing to keep in mind is that guys that run in fresh water don't
{ have even 1/4 of the problems that us salt water guys have. Of course, I'd
{ rather change a heat exchanger than block every few years....

 Up here ( lake Ontario) the water is so hard you get buildup really fast,
but don't get the galvonic(sp??) corrosion you salties get

{
{
{ --> Bob Valentine
{ --> bob at tecmark.com
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8