Hot Rod Article

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Oct 29 10:04:48 GMT 1999

Might the definition of hot rodding in the future be something like
adding 7 HP to your 34 HP electric by replacing the windings with
windings dipped into liquid nitrogen to allign the molecules??
Will Jegs be selling dipped winding wire for MUSTANGS ONLY? Will
you be telling your grandkids about the "engines that actually made
noise"? Will Grumpy start selling bootleg lead-acid cells on the
black market?  funny how the "what if's" have changed from things
like "automatic transmissions?!  what next... the automatic gas
pedal?!"

If the public, or even probably that hot rod article guy could know
some of the creative things the modern auto controller is doing, (or
if I knew more for that matter) they should be amazed. the  reaction
"that's amazing WOW" as opposed to "oh no something is being killed
off" is what seperates the neo-tweaker generation from the classic
rodder generation. Its all the same - do the tweaks, break stuff or
go faster, don't tell anyone what you did so you can be the fastest.
ha haa. ;o)

those rods will never die.

> Just read the new Hot Rod with articles on future of hotrodding.  One
> guy says that he sees hot rodding being killed off in the future as
> restrictions come down on the older vehicles and people not being smart
> enough to modify the new stuff.  The guy obviously doesn't know any of
> the people on this list.

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp