Serial data hardware solution

Matt S Bower m.s.bower at cummins.com
Fri Oct 29 18:53:58 GMT 1999

CSH-HQ wrote:

> No, what I said is what I recall.
> What good is grounding the tx rx lines?..
> Never mind, also the above was about the Max 232/233 chip interface
> Grumpy
>
> >>I do beleive i've seen all 3 twisted together.
> >>Tx/Rx/serial
> >That should read Tx/Rx/Gnd...

Bruce, if what you said is right then I'm not understanding what you
mean by serial.  Tx and Rx are usually the serial lines with a reference
to a gnd.  If they are tied together with something then what is it? I
typically tie Tx and Rx together and use that line with ground for
communications.  If your saying tie these with something else then I
don't know what it is unless you are referencing the driver enables?