Serial data hardware solution

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Sat Oct 30 22:59:22 GMT 1999

>To read the ALDL you have to connetect to the ECM's Serial data line,
>that is what you tie the Tx/Rx leads from the Max 232/233 to.
>If someone has the Gcar wiring, or if on the FTP, might make better sense
>Grumpy

Think I may have been misunderstood, I have built up a MAX232 interface to
use with the PC, but I'm now playing around with an Atmel AVR, I don't want
to convert to RS232 levels, just 1 line (GM) to 2 lines (AVR) all at 5V. I
will go to the address Ken posted to see if this is what I'm after.
Thanks,

Ross Myers