Turbo LT-1

Benjamin M Strader efiguy at temecula.com
Fri Sep 17 03:40:06 GMT 1999

Yeah, Its true about the rpm thing....{kinda...}
You see he was talking about the difference between compressive and
inertial loads......
like take a con-rod and try to push the big and small ends closer to
each other....thats a compressive load.....now try to pull them
apart....thats what happens whrn the piston applys inertial loads....
so, if Force= Mass x Acceleration, then you can see that the inertial
loads grow exponentially with increase in rpm.....{I did the math}.
The thing is Corky forgot to warn about things like heat, and
detonation, and ring end-gaps closing up....these are real; problems
when trying to slap a turbo on an un-altered Lt-1.....thats the stuff
that'll bite ya!