730 in a 730 - troubles

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 1 00:04:26 GMT 1999

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, you wrote:

> I use the PB10, too.  I've been doing 747 eproms with it without any
> problem.  Though every once in a while I'll get skewed data off of a 27c256.
>   I've been verifing checksums in an external hex editor to make sure.
>
> Will a 730 give you a code if the eprom has a bad checksum, or will it go
> into limp-home mode?

Theoretically it will go to limp mode and set a code 51 (if I remember
right..).  However, if the code is messed up, you can't retrieve the code...
You can use the PB10 to generate the checksum...  Set both bytes of the
checksum to 00 in the editor (option 7) then exit to the main menu and select
checksum...  Take the value it gives and poke it into the checksum bytes and
burn the chip