ALDL OBDII linking for sensor values

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 3 17:26:50 GMT 1999

>This is my first post. I have a project where I want to obtain sensor data
>directly to a microprocessor (PIC or Stamp).

As a diversionary tactic, has anyone seen this? A PalmPilot ALDL
interface...

http://209.31.226.85/peter/EV/EV1Dash.html

Of course, it's set up for the GM EV1 Electric Car data stream, but could
conceptually be modified to fit individual car data streams...

>I want to get specific
>parameters: RPM, TPS,CTS,MAP/MAF, O2 maybe a few others and use that data
>control some additional equipment I will add to the vehicle. I am adding
and
>LPG system to my 1994 chevy p/u.
>I am not really sure how to get started.

Unfortunately, I think you need to find a document describing your
datastream... Otherwise, you're hacking at seemingly uninterpretable
numbers... These datastreams are somewhat specific to the vehicle. For
example, see the 94/95 Auto Tranny data stream decode from Dave's page at
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/1624/95cam2.html

Not sure how relevant this would be to your motor, but that's the kind of
document you'll need.

Good luck,

~Andrew