my bad prom

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Fri Sep 3 21:38:55 GMT 1999

If the input requires a 0 to +5v signal, don't power the 555 with +12v if
you're going to use pin 3 to drive the ecm input.  Pin 3 goes from near
ground to near the positive supply (pin 8).  The 555 will work with
a +5v power supply on pin 8 which will result in a voltage swing of about
0 to +5v on pin 3.

Tom