1 ton truck 350 TBI application - no IAT

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Sep 4 03:49:49 GMT 1999

Marc Piccioni wrote:

> Thought I'd run this idea by the group for input/comments before trying it.
>
> I have a 350 TBI motor from a 88 1 ton G van and the wiring harness from
> the same vehicle. The  '747 ECM and Calpack were long gone by the time I
> got to the yard. I have a '747 from another vehicle and the eprom and cal
> pack from a 1/4 ton P/U truck.
>
> This harness does have an IAT connection.
>
> If I use a calibration ACSU ( which I believe is a LD 350 cal and uses a
> IAT  ------ if I'm wrong I'd like to know.) and wire in an appropriate pot.
> with limit resistors to avoid going to gnd. or +5 Vref. could this be used
> a s a quick and dirty means of trimming the fuel curve ? Would this also
> affect the timing?
>
> /Marc
I've worked on a lot of pickups, never saw a 7747 with IAT.  In 88 one
ton vans, it looks like that was the only type of ecm used.

ACSU does not use an IAT sensor.  The correct calibration for the 88
one ton is AMUR.

The IAT connector is very much like the coolant temp sensor connector,
except that it is grey.  I think the wire colors are orange and
black.  Is this what your connector looks like?  Do you know what
location your sensor is connected to in the ecm connector?  Can you
locate it in the schematic on the ftp site?
Shannen