406 Corvette

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 4 05:37:40 GMT 1999

Blatantly copied from TPIS's web page.  Also I can change the injector
constant to work perfectly with the larger injectors.

PLUS!  You have diacom.  Just watch the 02 senor at wot!

Q: I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, where should I set my
pressure at? It's a 1988 Corvette with ported heads, exhaust work, headers,
and a 52mm throttle body. What is the ideal fuel pressure for my car?

A: There is no magic number, it's part of tuning your car. I would recommend
setting it at 45psi, take it for a run, then go up or down and see if it
improved or slowed down. Your best bet is to set the fuel pressure on a
dyno, or use an air fuel ratio gauge. The cheaper way to set it is to run a
scanner or digital meter and watch the O2 signal it should be around 860
millivolts at WOT. Another way to find your ideal pressure would be to take
it to a test and tune day at your local drag strip, and try various settings
until it's right.

Q: I would like to order some bigger injectors, I was thinking about a
27-30lb/hr injector would be good for my 350ci motor, it has a ZZ9 cam,
10.5:1 compression, 4.09 gears, AFR heads, 1.6 rockers, 52mm throttle body,
headers, your Big mouth intake and Large Tube runners. Will these work with
my combination?

A: No these are much too big for any 350ci motor. Unless you are running an
aftermarket engine management computer, which would allow you to run any
size injector you want. We have found that by running a stock size injector
and increasing the fuel pressure, via an adjustable regulator, you will get
a better spray pattern. The better spray pattern gives better atomization
(which is the mixture of the fuel and air) and increased horse power. So if
your stock injectors are working good, just do a custom PROM and boost the
fuel pressure and you will be happy. Unless you have someone doing a custom
PROM for you, and they want you to run a bigger injector. It really depends
on who is tuning your car, they will determine your injector size. But if we
were tuning it, we would recomend stock size.

Mark