REDLINE ON A 3.4L DOHC

Padgett 0sirius padgett at gdi.net
Sat Sep 4 14:27:05 GMT 1999

If you want a simple answer, use 24,000 divided by the stroke in inches
as an upper limit provided the oil pump can produce 10 psi/1000 rpm. YMMV.

If you really want to know, find a copy of "The High Speed Internal
Combustion Engine" by Ricardo. "Internal Combustion Engines" by Obert isn't
bad but I do not care for Lichty's book of the same name.

At 12:31 AM 9/4/99 -0400, you wrote:
>At 09:22 PM 9/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>With or without the crank on the ground?
>>
>>Really? 7500?
>
>Without...
>He just changed the cam position sensor/Oil pump drive seal ($0.30 O
>ring...) 11 hours labor!!!
>Redline on the tach he said was either 7500 or 8000 and 210 HP stock.
>            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
>      Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA   T.A.P.R. Member #7068
>    Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!

      	A. Padgett Peterson, P.E. Cybernetic Psychophysicist
 Anti-Virus, Cryptographics, & Antique Radio Researcher
http://www.freivald.org/~padgett/index.html
 mailto:padgett at gdi.net     PGP 5.5 Key on request