Northstar (was RX7 Questions)

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Sep 9 01:29:00 GMT 1999

-> Well, teflon seals help, but still, they do wear out.  The thing
-> should be called a "wobble" engine instead of a "wankel" engine :)
-> but, its the price of going real fast :)

 Bring lots of folding green to handle that "price" part.  None of the
rotary boutiques are much for cheap.

 Interesting note - on a real race track (Memphis Motorsport Park),
Tyrannosaurus RX' wheezing 165,000 mile 302 from a 1974 Maverick was
able to handle two IT RX7s and one moderately prepped street car.  Not
long after, the timing chain fell off.

 I went through two rotaries before I dropped the V8 in.  The V8 doesn't
*feel* nearly as fast, but every time I come out of a corner I suck up
another length or so on the rotary cars, and there isn't enough straight
for them to do anything about it.  When I drop the fresh motor in things
will become more interesting.