BIN FILES

Bruce Wilcox (EUS) EUSBEW at am1.ericsson.se
Thu Sep 9 11:47:12 GMT 1999

Hi Mike,

Not long ago, I was new to this site as well. Thanks to the generous and
great people here, I learned allot and continue to learn every day.

Here are my recommendations.

1.
Read the Programming-101 document and ask many questions.

2.
Design and build an adapter to download the information from the EPROM. This
adapter is an interface between the MEMCAL module and the EPROM burner. For
my 87 1127165 (P4) ECM, the EPROM is located in the MEMCAL unit. I built an
adapter to interface the MEMCAL unit directly to my EPROM burner. After the
EPROM is downloaded into the burner, store the file as a *.bin.

3.
Many programs are available to modify the *.bin files. I use the Promedit
(located at the ftp site) program.

Best Regards,

Bruce Wilcox