Transmission Configuration

Bruce & Lisa Wilcox wilcoxbl at gte.net
Fri Sep 10 03:51:59 GMT 1999

Thanks for the information Ken.

I poked around a little more and found another possible way to figure out if
the BIN was setup for a manual or automatic transmission.

The byte is called the "manual transmission parameter". It is located at
0x0688 in my application (87 MAF TPI 1227165 ECM). If the byte is set to 1
it is a manual transmission. If the byte is zero, the transmission is
defined as an automatic.

I tested this theory on two 87 GM vintage 165 bins. The manual transmission
bin was 1135acyc and the automatic bin was 1099acxt. The manual bin has this
bit set to 1 and the automatic bin has the bit set to 0.

Best Regards,

Bruce Wilcox