Vats bypassed!!

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Sep 10 12:20:27 GMT 1999

> transistor you are talking about( 2N3904)? If so is it a npn or a pnp? what

2n2222 = npn
2n3904 = npn

Either will work, not even remotely critical.

> do you mean the "input is a pull high" and what is "drive with a open
> collector" what does this do??? Sorry for my ignorance.

The transistor has three leads.  Base (B), Emitter (E), and Collector
(C).  Open collector means that the top of the transistor (C) is
connected to the output, and the Emittor (E) is grounded, and there is
no pull up resistor anywhere, with the 555 timer driving the base.

> Btw  this timer sometimes works but takes allot of cranking,  is I
> disconnect and connect the +v to the timer repeatedly while cranking it
> starts better or I should say sooner.  Why would this be?

Well, the frequency is slightly off :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology