Transmission Configuration

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Sep 10 22:08:03 GMT 1999

You have to read the code very carefully.   The single bits/bytes
controlling this sort of stuff really cannot be found any other way.
The will only be accessed in a very limited number of places and they
won't really have any easy way to find them.

I think we (me and another) may have figured out where the VATS
(passkeyII) set is in the 93 LT1 setup.  It required figuring out what
code was set on passkey failure and then verifying (helm manual) that
this was really the code set, and then carefully examining the code
around were this code was set to figure out what it was doing.  It is
being tested to see if this actually bypasses the VATS check by
eclark.  I found the relavant code that was set and pointed him to
were in the code it was messing with it.   And he looked at the code
very carefully and believes that he found the bit that causes the vats
failure to be ignored, testing should confirm if he did.

			Roger