O2 Sensor

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sat Sep 11 22:48:00 GMT 1999

-> On the same topic, how close can you put the sensor?  I can very
-> easily pu one about four inches from the exhaust port, but have been
-> worried that it is too close.

 I've seen newer four cylinder engines with the sensor about eight
inches from the port, where the ports came together at the exhaust pipe.
David Vizard's "How To Make Horsepower Volume 2" shows some dyno headers
with individual O2 sensors mighted right by the header flange, but they
were raised so only the tips stuck out into the exhaust stream.  I asked
about that positioning on the now-defunct dac list, and a couple of
people said they'd run them that way with no troubles.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?