Injector Pulse Width.

green green at nlenx.com
Sun Sep 12 05:22:43 GMT 1999

|Hi All,
| I measured my pulse width at idle on an oscilloscope and it is
|1.2 ms. Yes I have 4 X 720 cc/min injectors. On a Diacom log it shows
|0.6 ms at idle. Why the difference ?

Could this be the Quasi asynch mode in the syty program? (you mention
promgrammer below, i assume you are using 7749 ecm and syty chip?)
I've used this mode, it does *seem* to work.  (seems to work =  i change
back and forth between exact programs, except with one has quasi asynch
enabled, one doesn't , and i notice a difference in idle quality)
It's supposed to use 2x the pulsewidth every other rotation, rather than
regularly calculated pulsewidth every rotation - for better injector control
at short pulsewidths.  FWIW, diacom showed no change in pulsewidth when
switching between QAS on and QAS off chips....

KAPLL/KAPLH are the thresholds in promgrammer to change to use this
function.

| I have been looking at the 'Promgrammer program' a little closer
|and want to know what effect changing KDISFS (Injector Flow Rate) loc
|328 in the memcal will do. I have read the GM Doc and it does not seem
|to mention KDISFS.

I've not seen it in the code at all.  I'm wondering if it's a value used for
MPG calcs used in GM test equipment??
Or a reference for whoever's tuning on that software program?

| I am wondering why the difference with true pulse width and what Diacom
|displays. Could KDISFS have some effect on the difference or is there a
|logical explanation.

Good question, doubt it's KDISFS. I'd like to hear that it is the quasi
asynch mode working, then we'd have some more faith in that ecm and diacom's
values  ;-)

Brian Green
91 Syclone #160