O2 Sensor

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Mon Sep 13 02:26:01 GMT 1999

>An O2 sensor in the collector wouldn't read the average, it would read lean
>until the leanest cylinder became rich.

Unless SEFI, they all should be about the same mixture, or at least the
injectors are fired in batches, it will read lean until the next cylinder
fires, and then might be richer, or leaner.  It will gather the info for
averageing, at low speed, but at high speeds, it does average since there is
some lag time in it's response.
  If the  O2 sensor was any good at finding individual cylinders (mixtures),
then why did gm go to crankshaft accleration rates for miss detection?.
Grumpy

  Which is what you need in order to