O2 Sensor

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Tue Sep 14 03:08:39 GMT 1999

Gary,

That's how the system actually needs to work--a little lean (O2) for
oxidation, and a little HC as the O2
swings lean to keep the burn going in the cat. Always thought it would make
more sense to keep the system
stable at an idle --but without the swinging O2, and resulting commands by
the PCM--the cat won't function properly (unless there was an external air
pump system).

On a similar note--Anyone know how to set the PROM internal 'details' to
keep the PCM at a state where the O2 is prevented from switching rich to
lean FOR catalytic function ?? I'd
rather have the thing just react to exhaust O2 and keep things stoich. It's
probably
simple--but I've got major brain drain right now...what to do when Barley is
only $2 bucks a bushel !!

Lyndon.