Vss on 165 ecm help!

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Tue Sep 21 01:58:33 GMT 1999

I'll go out on a limb here, this is something that you can try. The output
of the optical unit needs a pullup to 12volts. Then use a capacitor in series
to the ecm input. This will AC couple the digital signal. There was something
about this a while ago, should be in the archives.

IE: Use a 4.7 Kohm at the digital out to 12 volts. Then use a 0.1uf disk
capacitor
to couple that to the ecm vss input (in series).

BobR.