TBI to MPFI

Peter Fenske pfenske at bcit.bc.ca
Tue Sep 21 16:00:55 GMT 1999

Hi Mike

I tested this concept once.. It did work but the parameters in the prom
need to be tweaked.. Mind you it ran, I didn't test it on the dragstrip.
Used stock gm TPI injectors

For the adapter use the holley one, or the stock gm adapter..

gl:peter

I wandered if anyone ever converted TBI to MPFI (aka Holley conversion
kit)?
The idea is to replace OEM manifold by using cheapo but powerful
dual-plane carburetor manifold and holes drilled for injectors per
intake. Then home-made spacer is used between TB (injectors removed)
and it. Then injector harness is converted to two-bank-of-four.

The real question follows: is there injectors which might work with
stock TBI sender and fuel pressure regulator? What about fuel rail
construction? And anyone tried 7747 ECM PROM configuration with this
kind of setup?