A challenge for "aldl data stream decoders"

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Mon Sep 27 08:09:35 GMT 1999

>The car is an Australian GM Holden Commodore 1996 VS series II.
>The engine is 5.0L 8 cylinder with a 5 speed manual gearbox.
>I think the ECM is a P4 although I haven't taken it out and looked,
>'cause I wouldn't know what I was looking for anyway :(

It will be an '082', similar to the VN/VP '808' (Although the PCB design is
different), but this one obviously has 8192 not snails pace 160 like the
808.

>I am trying to decode the 8192 baud aldl data stream... (isn't everyone?)

On and Off yes, however I never captured the data stream.

>I connected my laptop to the aldl data stream, went for a drive
>and logged the data described an excel spread sheet: aldl_8192.zip at
>http://www.users.bigpond.com/paul_blackmore/CProgramming.htm

Will go get it and see what I can see. The order of the data stream (ie what
location values are spat out in what mode) Are located around $5450(as it
appears in Bin file) from memory.
Hope I can figure something.

Ross Myers