o2 ecm current draw

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 30 13:45:43 GMT 1999

At 01:34 AM 9/30/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I want to send false O2 voltages to the ecm. The DAC I was looking at using
>can source or sink 5 mA. Is that enough current to drive the ecm a/d.

That is more than enough current... An O2 sensor can be damaged by the
current draw of a standard VOM so it's output is on the order of microamps.
The problem with using a simulated voltage is the ECM has to see
transitions from rich to lean and back or it sets a code for faulty O2 sensor.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!