Stupid question on fuel pressure

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Mon Apr 3 15:35:55 GMT 2000

I here lots of talk in mags and web boards about what fuel pressure to run
but nobody has said under what conditions should the pressure be set.  I see
lots of variation depending on when I set it.  My guess is I should set it
with the engine at operating temp and with the engine running at idle.
Sound right?  I had the bright idea on my own of just jumping the fuel pump
relay with the car off and setting it that way, but was loosing about 8psi
with the car running.  Sorry for the bandwidth, but I've come to trust this
group's insight (plus it's a slow day at work :-)

Steve Marteney
smarteney at xlvision.com