EGR

Rich Vandervoort richvandervoort at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:33:05 GMT 2000

I just got a set of the new style Vortec heads for my 4.3 v6. I just found
out they don't have an EGR passage.  Is it worthwhile due to emissions or
driveability concerns to plumb the EGR externally?  This is a TBI motor that
only has a on/off egr valve.  Even if I do plumb the EGR externally will I
run into further problems due to the temperature, flow volume and pressure
of the EGR differing from the original?  Can a well tuned motor still pass
emissions without EGR?  What are the benefits of EGR beyond emission
control?

Thanks
Rich Vandervoort