manifold machining

cbrooks1 cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net
Fri Apr 7 11:12:14 GMT 2000

I followed Fred's lead and modified a manifold myself. I also turned out my own injector bungs but used bar stock that was too small so the walls ended up too thin and one or two of them cracked.

If you have access to a drill press with a sturdy work surface, some decent measuring tools, and some clamps you won't have any problems drilling holes accurately. I would recommend bolting a plate to the carb mount flange and using it to mount the manifold to the work surface. Use a scribe to put some reference marks on the underside of the manifold and drill the holes from the bottom.

Oh, one other thing... Before you start, mount your throttlebody (Or what ever you're going to use as a throttlebody) and check the clearances available for the fuel rails and the angles the injectors will have to sit at to put fuel rails where they need to be.

Charles Brooks
Mid-Atlantic Speed Shop
http://www.massmotorsports.com