VSS

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Fri Apr 21 03:28:36 GMT 2000

 >Sounds like the cable is spinning the wrong way.
> >The speedo needle has no direct contact with the cable, and just "senses"
> >speed (some use a spinning magnetic, and the needle is magnetic, and just
> >tags along).
> >The odometer only reads in one direction so you can't use a drill motor
> >unwind the showing mileage.
> >grumpy
> Thanks,,
> Thats what i assumed was happening... so the only way to get the odo to
work
> would be to gear the VSS to spin the other way??? I can't do it
> electronically???  the speedo reads in both fowards and reverse gears...

I'd imagine the parts are out there to do this, just, I've never run into it
before.  A good spedometer shop should have all kinds of bits for in the
speedo head.
You could run a stepper motor to spin the speedometer cable the right way,
read off the VSS, for a converter from VSS to run said stepper motor.  Long
answer to simple problem.
Grumpy