Air temps and fuel

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Apr 26 21:11:22 GMT 2000

I been thinking about this Intake Tract Air Temp correction, and I think
it's bee terribly misunderstood.  All the higher octane molacules as I
understand things have the lower evaporation temps.  So starting at like
130dF to 200dF is where all the "good stuff" is as I recall from a Union 76
paper from years ago.  Also, air intake temp has alot to do with detonation.
On N/A engines this not a real big deal.  However on the turbo motors it get
to be an issue.  The intercooler (when applicable) heat sinks a far amount
of temp increase, on intial boost, but as it saturates, there is nothing to
look at how much things change from atomization to vaporization, and I just
wonder if that's been ignored, or not really even thourghly looked at.
  Course I might be way off base here.
Grumpy