big inch SBC EFI intake mainfold

Phil Rickard vettebuilder at skyenet.net
Wed Aug 9 03:41:04 GMT 2000

15* angle measured from the pintle to the face of the intake valve.
(backside) I prefer to follow the angle above due to the fact that the
portion of the spray pattern is at it's largest point there for better fuel
atomization. Also, the air velocity increases slightly at the bowl area of
the valve pocket, furthermore enhancing fuel atomization. I have seen many
other ways to do it also, but I believe the the ^ is the most efficient way
to deliver the incoming fuel in terms of power and keeping the BSFC down.
Less fuel dropout means more energy released during a combustion event/gram
of fuel used.

Regards....

Phil Rickard- Engine builder/Tuner for Les Stanford-Pirate Racing Corvette
C5R......Formerly with L.P.E.