big inch SBC EFI intake mainfold

Phil Rickard vettebuilder at skyenet.net
Wed Aug 9 05:21:57 GMT 2000

Also keep in mind that as engine rpm increses, so does the air velocity in
the intake port, In other words, even though the intake valve in is a
closing than closed event, the air will still keep moving forward in the
runner and cause a turbulant effect as it collides with the backside of the
intake valve. This air turbulance at that point is what I was referring to
as aiding in fuel atomization and your point is valid and well taken.
Granted, this event happens in a very short time at high engine speeds and
it's effect becomes less and less of a factor as engine rpm's climb, but at
light to part throttle it definitely has an advantage over a setup that has
the injectors perpendicular to the intake runner floor. IMO.

Regards....

Phil Rickard- Engine builder/Tuner for Les Stanford-Pirate Racing Corvette
C5R......Formerly with L.P.E.