Haltech E6GM Questions

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 04:29:43 GMT 2000

Anyone considered using the Haltech E6GM replacement ECM as a tuning device,
and then translating those values into EPROM code for the factory ECM? It
would seem to me that you could use the Haltech as a real time emulator, get
the tuning just right, and then use the tuning values in a bin file to burn
an EPROM for the same car. If this seems possible, anyone know if the VE
values can be converted from one ECM to the other? Are VE values in absolute
units, in other words, are all VE values the same as in lbs. vs. lbs.? Or are
the VE values just arbitrary units that differ from ECM to ECM? It seems to
me that this device would be a good substitute for Diacom or a scanner and
the time saved alone would be worth the $300 extra cost if the values are
transferable.