Injector Duty cycle calculations

Scott Knight scott at scottknight.com
Fri Aug 11 03:06:36 GMT 2000

To revisit a very old topic here, I did a little experimenting with
Diacom recently and did in fact verify what I mentioned as second hand
info here...

> Am I missing something here?  Is Diacom reporting wrongly?

Actually it is.  I did a steady state run while out on the Ohio turnpike
with the 95 Impala SS (can't vouch for any other PCM/ECM readings) and
Diacom version 2.85 where it was very flat and the cruise control was
set at 75 mph.  What I found was very interesting in that Diacom truly
does report the pulse width at half of what the other scanners I have do
(PCMcomm from Dave H. and TTS DataMaster).  Just though you would like
to know since it seemed to be news to everyone but me at the time.
Anyone else notice this with other vehicles or is it something specific
to the way Diacom scales the info out of the 8051 and newer PCMs? (yeah,
I realize that Diacom reads the OBD-II PCM in 'legacy' mode)

Later dates.
Scott Knight  mailto:scott at scottknight.com
http://www.scottknight.com/ IRC:SS396man
'00 White Grand Prix GTP