4wd range selector / vss in 747 application

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Aug 18 01:32:33 GMT 2000

See Chevrolet bulletin 88-180-6E.  Also, I know it can happen on
manual trans vehicle.  It was pretty easy to set the code on the
hoist, by running the engine at higher rpm while the rear wheels were
spinning, but the trans was not in gear.  The bulletin talks about new
calibrations to prevent it, prolly an issue with 88, 89 trucks.
Shannen