C3 series or '7747 ECM for port fuel injection?

Scott Lundahl scott at lumenetics.com
Sun Aug 20 14:47:31 GMT 2000

Is there a C3 based ECM that will support dual banked port fuel injectors
on a V8.  I'm currently using a '7747 ECM with TBI.  I have all of the
manifolds, rails, regulators, etc for a dual bank port fuel injection
system for my Rover V8 and I'm thinking about trying it.  I have developed
a good understanding of the workings of the '7747 C3 series ECM (thanks to
the good people on this list) and I would like to capitalize on it.  The
newer systems sound like they would be much more trouble than they are
worth for this project.  Is such an animal in existence?  Alternatively,
could one use a C3 type with an external injector driver to accommodate the
two banks of four injectors?

Thanks,

Scott