Off: Shoulda had ABS on the Hard Drive

Rich Vandervoort richvandervoort at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 19:06:36 GMT 2000

For brake testing we would install an AL platform on the console to hold a
laptop.  Usually just bent sheet metal with extruded AL angle supports.  Put
male velcro tape on the console and female on the bottom of the laptop.  You
have to be careful when you take the laptop off so you don't tweak it.  We
once had a vehicle with an AED (larger and heavier than a laptop, but with
more area for velcro) spin and roll at about 50 mph on concrete.  The AED
stayed put on the dash.  After this incident all AEDs were also tied down
with ratcheting nylon straps.

Better Safe than Sorry,
Rich V.